Q: Do undocumented victims of domestic violence have any legal rights?

Full question: A friend of mine married a U.S. citizen and now she is being abused by her husband. He threatens to have her kicked out of the country if she calls the police. Is there anything that can be done to help her?

A: This is a tough question to answer. If you or anyone you know is being abused, please know that this is not okay and you do have legal rights and options, regardless of your immigration status. However, it is best to discuss these sensitive issues with an immigration attorney and in some cases a family law attorney.

If you have any other questions or need to talk to a lawyer to discuss your immigration options, please don’t hesitate to call us.

Q: Can children get U.S. citizenship through their U.S. citizen parents?

What’s Really Going on With TPS for Haiti?